You know what they say—if you have straight hair, you’d love to have curls. If your hair is curly, you pine for poker-straight locks.
But chances are, you’re going to live with the hair you’ve been born with most of the time. Not that you can’t curl your hair if it’s straight, or straighten your hair if it’s curly, but why not learn to make the most of what you’ve been born with? You just may learn to love it!
If your hair is naturally curly, wavy or tends to get “frizzy,” you’re in luck! There are many new curl and frizz-taming products on the market today that will help you to love your curls and maintain them to look their best. Here are some tips and product info for women with waves, curls and ringlets that will give you results that make your straight-haired friends green with envy!
- Use the right shampoos and conditioners! If you tend towards curly hair, make sure that the product you’re using will hydrate your hair and keep fly-aways at bay. Hydrating curly or wavy hair helps to tame it, giving you more control when styling. Try using V-V Curls Vivid Curl Creactive Shampoo from Snobgirls. The formula, free from sulfates, salt, paraben, formaldehydes and glycols that can weigh hair down, gives you soft, bouncy curls and plenty of shine.
- Condition regularly with a product specially formulated for girls. At Brick & Mirror, we highly recommend Snobgirls V-V (Vice-Versa) Curls Prowash-Crème Micellar Cleansing Re-Conditioner. Developed for any type of curly, dry, wavy or frizzy, color-treated hair, this formula weightlessly conditions and hydra-regulates hair to a silky, manageable texture. Improves texture, elasticity and smoothness and lasts from shampoo to shampoo!
- Oils are for more than cooking! If you’ve never used a hair oil, now’s the time to learn how to integrate them into your daily beauty routine. More than any other haircare product, oils work the hardest to limit frizz. We recommend a deep conditioning oil that’s light enough for regular use, such as Moroccanoil Intense Curl Cream. This leave-in conditioning oil moisturizes and fights stubborn frizz without stickiness.
- Work it, girl! To maximize your ringlets—and keep them in control—use a stying product made just for curly hair. Pureology’s Curl Complete helps to infuse curly or wavy hair with definition and softness. Apply to damp or styled hair and tousle lightly with your fingers for beautiful curls on a moment’s notice.
- And lastly, don’t forget the easiest thing to remember—see your hair stylist on a regular basis! Since every woman’s naturally curly hair is different, your stylist can recommend a schedule for cuts, color and even a new style when the time is right.